Wednesday, December 14, 2011

NOTW: Red Snowfall

Well, since I ripped my glitter off, I had to repaint my nails with a new Christmas theme :D
I was talking to my friend in Latin class about nails for like, half an hour, and we were talking about a ton of different techniques, and she suggested sponging. And in wishful-thinking toward a white Christmas for me, I wanted my nails to be snowy (:


I seriously love them. My right hand didn't turn out so well, but the left is perfect, ugh. I can't stop staring at them, as usual. They almost look like they're splatter-painted reeeeally tiny c:
Here's a picture of them when I first painted them, before I cleaned up the edges.



I'm so bad at painting, haha. Here are all the supplies I used. I used NYC in Candy Apple Red as a base, and then used a sponge brush to dab on Sinful Colors in Snow Me White. I put a top coat on my right hand, but it blurred the "snowflakes" and made it look flat. It looks much better without-- sort of textured and defined. I kept my left hand as-is, and it's much better.



Yup. I love this manicure, and I can totally do loads more with this sponging technique (:

Now if it would only snow outside... (;

No comments:

Post a Comment