Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I'm Back!

Hey! Omigosh, I can't believe I haven't blogged in so long. I'm not dead, or quitting, or anything like that. I've just been really busy, and so many things have been going on! Anyway, yesterday was my sister's 16th birthday (!!!), so I couldn't post then, but today I left school early to hang out with my cousins, and because I'm sick XP
Since my birthday, I have been doing a lot of different things. On Saturday, March 13, I competed in the Power of the Pen regional competition with 200 other middle-schoolers. No one on my team won an award, but my friend Katie and I made it to State! The state competition is in May, and I'm really excited. I'll post some of my short stories later :)
A few weeks ago my grandma from Florida came to visit for St. Patrick's Day. She was born in England but was half Irish, and she grew up in Northern Ireland. My dad was born in the Emerald Isle, but moved around a lot. My grandma, we call her Nanny, still has an Irish accent and a very Irish attitude. We did a lot with her, went shopping, out to eat, and to a St. Patty's party at my friend Meghan's house. It was a really fun week, full of laying out in the party house listening to olf Irish folk songs, drinking cool drinks and eating fatty foods.
Last Friday, the 26th, my cousins from up north came to visit for the week. Friday night was my Power of the Pen pizza party (to which I wore my new super cool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles t-shirt), then the family arrived. That night, we played Sims, watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and were the silly crazies we always are when we're together. Saturday, we went shopping at the outlet mall and the flea market, and I got tons of cool stuff. Saturday night we went hot-tubbing outside, but it was kind of warm outside, so it wasn't that great. We played truth or dare, though ;). On Sunday we went to the aquarium and had tons of fun looking at the fishes and stuff. Monday, I had school, and a few of my cousins had to leave. Yesterday, we went to my sister's lacrosse game, then to LoneStar <3 Today, I went to school in the morning and got a cupcake, then went home sick.
And that's what I've been up to. How has your month been?

(I'll try to remember to post my PoP stories soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment