Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Inspired Young Woman's Daybook (1)

I decided to try out this daybook by Melody at Vividry. If I do continue to do it, it will be posted on Wednesdays. I'll still keep doing the Teen Girls' Daybook on weekends as well.


Find out how to do An Inspired Young Woman's Daybook here: http://vividry-melody.blogspot.com/2010/02/inspired-young-womans-daybook.html

Today I tried to convince someone to give me "just one fourf!" of a brownie by talking in a baby voice. It failed, but succeeded in keeping my entertained for ten minutes.

I'm feeling tired, bewildered and a little worried.

My outfit is the top half of my school uniform and Christmas Stewie pj pants (aka, the weirdest combination ever).

Outside my window the evening sun is shining in my eyes and the snow is melting away.

A song that's stuck in my head is Can You Read My Mind by the Killers.

Something (a book, song, movie, person..) that's inspired me recently is a blog I found called Bre's Random Escapades. It talks, in some posts, about our relationship with God and little things we can do to strengthen it. Also, a retreat held at my school for 7th graders last Wednesday inspired me to start a journal and write a brief letter to God each day, and to read a Bible passage and reflect on its meaning and how it can relate to my life.

A prayer of my heart this week is that I will gain confidence and self-esteem in school and elsewhere. I've been having trouble reading my writing to the class or talking to certain people, and I'd like God to help me change that.


I am creating a stronger friendship with the people around me and a stronger feeling of belonging.


I am reading Point Blank by Anthony Horowitz, the sequel to Stormbreaker and a fascinating story about a boy spy in present-day London, and To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee for school.


I am thinking about the epic game of Dots I played with my 'mates instead of researching for Expression.


A scripture verse or passage that's stuck out to me this week is the story of the wedding that Jesus and Mary went to, where the wedding party ran out of wine and Jesus turned gallons of water into the finest of wines. I can't remember the chapter, but it made me realize that God can do anything, and His miracles are everlasting.


A spiritual lesson I'm learning is to trust God's plan and His guidance for my life. I may not understand at first, but everything He does happens for a reason. I need to trust that in time, I will know the reason and be ever grateful to God.


An attribute of God I've seen this week is His creation. Everything I see seems to be so beautiful! I'm even seeing some things in a new light and appreciating their glory.


A picture I'd like to share is of some bracelets my sister got for me. They were $3 each and all of the proceeds went to charity. I think the art department made them out of old donated silverware.

I'll post the picture of the spoon in the next post.

A creative goal for next week is to draw and color some beautiful artwork to put on my corkboard.

Did I complete my goal from last week? n/a

Great daybook, Melody! I think I'll continue doing it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment