Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Christmas Eve!!

Lately I haven’t felt like blogging for some reason, and I feel bad about leaving you in the dark about the goings-on in my life. A few things have happened lately:

1. I went to a super-awesome Christmas bash at my friend Molly’s house.
2. A picture I took of a baby panda at the San Diego Zoo is being considered for an online brochure about San Diego destinations (see the picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42311910@N05/3905392920/ )
3. I found out that my grandpa’s sister, Aunt Sadie, is in the hospital with a rare type of heart cancer.

The party was sick! We made pizzas, watched movies (“17 Again” and “The Clique”), stayed up till 3:30 playing “Would You Rather,” and had a crazy dance-off/fashion show. In. Sane.

I got an email on Tuesday telling me that Schmap San Diego is considering my Flickr photo that I took of a panda to be featured in a brochure about different places around San Diego. I’ll get recognition, yet under a penname (I’m not putting my name out there for creepers!), and no payment. I wouldn’t have accepted payment anyway, for other reasons than just ethics. I’m so excited, though, and if my photo makes the cut they’ll email me the finished product. It will be on the page about the zoo.

Lastly, my father’s aunt has been in the hospital for over a month with a rare form of cancer, which I believe is of the heart. She is on a feeding tube and is moved back and forth between hospitals by ambulance. She looked great when we visited her yesterday, but it would be greatly appreciated if you kept her in your thoughts and prayers.

Merry Christmas!

PS. We still don't have snow! Looks like no white Christmas for us... and no sledding.


"I wers warshin’ my hands when the alians came through that ther winder and scooped up Old Man Jenkins like a piece’a fire wood. I just kept on warshin’ my hands like nothing had happened. It was all just a big misunderstandin’."

No comments:

Post a Comment